Saturday, January 12, 2013

Stressful Day

I woke up this morning from a dream about Bill not wanting to be with me anymore. Woke up already stressed & that was just the beginning of a totally stressful day. I didn't leave the house until 6:35 & I was stressing about the time the entire drive to work. I did manage to get there on time though. My work day started with 2 discharges before I even started my patient rooms, which put me behind on my patient rooms. Mr. Danny sent Kayla to help me. She got 2 rooms done before Mr. Danny came to send her to 3 west because he had just realized there wasn't a housekeeper on 3 west. So I was on my own again, behind on my patient rooms & expecting 2 more discharges. Fortunately, those last 2 discharges weren't discharged on my shift so I was able to get all of my patient rms. done in time. About 1:30 though, the stress had gotten to me & I started feeling, dizzy, light-headed, nauseated & having trouble breathing. I mentioned this to April & she sat me down in the break room & took my blood pressure & heart rate, which were both high. She wanted to take me to the e.r. but I convinced her not to; told her I just needed to sit down a little while & I would be ok. I did feel better after sitting down for a little while but the dizzy spells kept coming & going the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment